Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The Nature of the Beast (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #11)The Nature of the Beast by Louise Penny
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a book I read for my book club. I enjoyed it. It is the eleventh in a series and the characters are rich but somewhat glossed over. I believe that reading the early books might have made this a more rewarding experience.
The story is interesting and intriguing. At least one of the characters was a real person and the main plot is certainly based on events that did happen in one form or another. Not to spoil the plot, this is the kind of book where fact and fiction come together in an exciting and interesting story.
Louise Penny is quite an author, the story line never quits but occasionally gets bogged down in the milieu. Oops, now that I think about it she might have been a master at setting the stage and the environment for the story... Bravo!

View all my reviews